Orange Dreamsicle Cake
This homemade Orange Dreamsicle Cake boasts light and citrus flavors and looks so pretty with layers and a quick homemade frosting.
Servings 12 slices
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut optional
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel divided
- 2 cup heavy cream whipped
In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add juices and peel, mix well (mixture may curdle from the citrus acid).
Add eggs and mix well.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt, add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Pour into two greased and floured 8" cake pans. Bake at 350°F for 20 - 25 minutes or until cakes tests done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Combine coconut, sugar, juices and 3 teaspoons of the orange peel. Let stand for 10 - 15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
Fold in whipped cream.
Spread between cake layers and over the top. Sprinkle with remaining orange peel.
Chill for at least 1 hour, store in the refrigerator.
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 1111IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg