Keto Ground Beef and Bacon Casserole
A creamy layer of ground beef and cream cheese sits on sautéd vegetables and is topped with Mexican cheese and bacon bits to make a delicious Keto Ground Beef and Bacon Casserole.
Servings 6 servings
9x13 Baking Dish
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 large green bell peppers coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
In a skillet brown ground beef. Drain and set aside on a paper towel covered plate.
Add pepper, onion and tomatoes to a skillet and cook over medium heat until onions and peppers begin to become tender. Much of the liquid, especially from the tomatoes should cook off during this time.
Arrange cooked vegetables in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
Return ground beef to skillet and sprinkle taco seasoning over the top. Add cubes of cream cheese and stir until everything is cooked.
Spoon creamy ground beef layer as evenly as possible over top of the vegetables.
Sprinkle cheese and bacon on top and bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the dish is warmed through.
- Use a full block of cream cheese to make this casserole and easier to dip with chips
- As a dip tastes great served with Doritos or tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef before adding to casserole
- Mushrooms can be added
- Ground beef or hamburger can be substituted for Italian sausage (omit taco seasoning) or plain sausage with taco seasoning added
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1122IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 304mg | Iron: 3mg