Stuffed Shells Alfredo
Cheesy Alfredo Stuffed Shells are filled with lots of vegetables and topped with three cheeses to make to make creamy and delicious vegetarian Stuffed Shells Alfredo.
Servings 8 people
- 8 ounces jumbo pasta shells cooked
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 15 ounces spinach chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces Alfredo sauce
Prepare pasta shells according to directions on the package. Set aside.
In a saucepan or stock pot with enough water to just cover vegetables, place zucchini, spinach, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower and salt on medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes then drain.
Return drained vegetables to stock pot and stir in cottage cheese, Colby Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese and half a jar or about 5 ounces of alfredo sauce. Mix well.
Stuff shells and place side by side in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Another smaller baking dish will likely be needed for extra shells.
Pour one whole jar of Alfredo sauce over shells. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Place in a 325°F oven for 45 minutes to an hour until the cheese is bubbly around the edges and lightly browned on top. The center should be warmed through at this point.
- 16 ounces of Alfredo sauce is about 1 1/2 jars, refrigerated or homemade Alfredo sauce can be used too
- Shells taste best when veggies are chopped into small pieces
- Shredded cheeses can be mixed together and 2/3 of the cheese stirred in the shells with the remaining 1/2 sprinkled on top OR just the mozzarella can be sprinkled on top
- Separate cooked shells and allow them to cool before stuffing
- Use the stockpot that pasta is cooked in to cook the veggies and mix the filling to help save dishes
- Any ingredient except for Alfredo sauce and cheeses in stuffing can be omitted if you don't have them on hand or don't like them
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1223mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8383IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 535mg | Iron: 3mg