Garlic Baked Chicken
With a light breading and plenty of butter this Garlic Baked Chicken is super tender and the best-baked chicken we’ve eaten.The easy breading can be left out to create a low-carb or keto baked chicken baked in a garlic butter sauce that is wonderful!
Servings 4 people
9x13 Baking Dish
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup butter melted
Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9x13 inch baking pan.
Measure bread crumbs into a shallow baking dish or mixing bowl.
In a second shallow dish or bowl melt butter and stir in garlic, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Dip the chicken into the butter mixture then dip into the bread crumbs.
Arrange chicken in a baking dish and pour any remaining butter over the pieces. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use digital meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken at 30 minutes to help avoid overcooking.
- Recipe can easily be made with OR without bread crumb breading
- Italian breadcrumbs can be substituted with plain breadcrumbs with parsley added
- A large 5-pound package of chicken breasts usually has 6 breasts and will fill up both a 9x13 and 9x9 baking dish with chicken. About 50% more butter mixture and bread crumbs will be needed to make 6 chicken breasts.
- Chicken tenders can be used, but the cooking time will need to be decreased
- A digital meat thermometer is critical to check the internal temperature of chicken - which should be cooked to 165°F before consuming
- Check internal temp around 30 minutes to gauge how quickly it is cooking - this can help prevent over cooking the chicken
- Bake uncovered to allow the chicken to lightly brown
Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 808mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1141IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg