Farmhouse Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Tender Farmhouse Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the best way to prepare a beef chuck roast. Only 3 ingredients and this will be one of the most memorable easy meals that you make!
Servings 6 people
- 3 - 4 pound beef chuck roast
- 8 ounces Pepsi or any can of pop
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
Line or grease crock. Place roaast in baking dish, unseasoned.
Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Pour pop along sides of the roast leaving soup mix on the roast.
Cover and cook on low for 10 - 12 hours which is the preferred method. Roast is done when it is tender and can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Carrots, onions, potatoes and mushrooms may be added to fill the crock up to 75% full. These will be best added 5 to 7 hours before the roast will be eaten on low, but they can be added in the morning.
- Roast can be cooked on high for 10 hours, but low is preferred when vegetables and potatoes are included.
- I always defrost the roast before cooking to ensure food safety and the ability to cook long enough to make tender before dinnertime.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 979mg | Potassium: 947mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 6mg