Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli
Chicken, bacon and ranch make one of the best flavor combinations for an easy meal! This simple spin on pizza and a wrap makes a delicious Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli.
Servings 6 people
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough defrosted, without allowing to rise
Oil & Spice Mixture
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning dry seasoning packet works best
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken chopped
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. Use hands to flatten into a rectangle shape that fills all but the outer 2 inches from the edge of the pan.
Mix up oil and spice mixture and spread all over the dough using a spoon, spatula or pastry brush.
Place toppings long ways down the middle of the dough rectangle.
Flip one side of the dough over the toppings and tuck in the dough as you go. Fold in short ends. Seal the dough on the edges when done. Roll by pinching the dough together and pinchin the ends shut.
Brush the dough with a beaten egg white to create a golden brown appearance on the crust.
Bake 20 - 25 minutes until dough is slightly bubbly and has a golden brown top. Allow to rest for 5 minutes after removing from the oven and slice. Serve with additional ranch for dipping if desired.
- Up to a cup of chopped vegetables taste great added to this chicken bacon ranch stromboli.
- Take care not to allow the dough to rise too much during defrosting or it will be more difficult to work with.
- Be careful when pressing out dough not to create any thin spots or holes in the dough or the ingredients will melt out that opening during baking.
- Pinch and seal seams together to help keep ingredients inside during baking.
- Ranch seasoning can be substituted for prepared ranch dressing in oil and spice mixture, just decrease the amount of oil used.
- Be careful not to overfill stromboli.
- Egg white can be omitted, but the stromboli looks so much tastier with a golden brown finish.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 944mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg