Creamy Potato Bake
Begin with instant mashed potatoes and add a few simple ingredients to make this easy and delicious loaded Creamy Potato Bake recipe in the oven!
Servings 8 servings
- 6 ounces Instant mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces Whipped cream cheese with chives
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Prepare potatoes according to the directions on the package.
Add cream cheese and beat well.
Stir in egg, onion, parlsey and blend well.
Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart bakign dish and dot with pats of butter on top. Sprinkle paprika over the top and bake for 25 minutes at 400°F.
- We prefer smoked paprika to incorporate more of the smoky flavor, but regular paprika works well too.
- Regular, buttery or any fairly basic type of instant mashed potatoes work well.
- Make the recipe with 6 servings of potatoes that are 1/2 cup each for a total of 3 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Cheddar cheese and bacon bits can also be sprinkled on top or stirred in the mixture to make a loaded potato casserole.
- Using a mini-food processor to finely chop the onion creates a fine and consistent texture that can be tricky to do by hand.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 356IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg