Homemade M&M Cookies
Colorful M&Ms added to cookies make a cookie tray more fun! These easy Homemade M&M Cookies are a family favorite at Christmas and all throughout the year.
Servings 36 cookies
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Using an electric mixer blend together shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
In a seperate mixing bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly blend into sugar mixture.
Fold in 1 cup of M&Ms by hand. Reserve 1/2 cup to set on top of each ball of dough.
Drop dough by teaspoon full onto a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until just beginning to turn lightly brown on the edges. Be sure not to over bake for best results!
- A baking sheet with a non-stick liner makes baking these cookies easier
- Reserve 1/2 cup of M&Ms to place on top of balls of dough before baking
- If using mini M&Ms reduce the amount to 1 1/3 or 1 1/4 cups of M&Ms since so many more fit in a measuring cup
- Half of the M&Ms can be substituted with chocolate chips if desired
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg