Homemade Sausage with Italian Seasoning
Ground pork can be seasoned in so many different ways to make homemade sausage. We share our best recipe for homemade Italian sausage.
Servings 5 people
Pork Sausage Base
- 1 pound ground pork finely ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary ground
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes may use 1/2 t. or elminate if desired
- 1 teaspoon black pepper coarse ground
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Season ground pork base with salt or purchase ground pork that likely already has salt and mix well if needed.
Place pork in a mixing bowl and splash water on meat.
Stir together Italian seasoning ingredients and use hands to work into the meat as evenly as possible.
Prepare as crumbled meat, shape into patties or links as desired and cook to an internal temperate of 160°F.
- When cooking crumbled sausage the color throughout the meat should be the same color as the color on the surface.
- Anytime a patty or link is prepared use a digital meat thermometer to ensure proper food safety.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 279mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg