Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
A Jiffy corn muffin mix is made better with sweet corn, cream style corn, sour cream, eggs, butter and a nice layer of melted Swiss cheese on top!
Servings 12 people
9x13 Baking Dish
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 3/4 ounce cream style corn
- 8 3/4 ounce whole kernel sweet corn drained
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese shredded
Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix together eggs, corn muffin mix, sour cream, softened or paritally melted butter, cream style corn and drained whole kernel sweet corn.
Pour into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and spread shredded cheese on top. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and the center of the bread is set. Can check with a toothpick in the center if desired.
- Starting with a fresh block of Swiss cheese and shredding it yourself will maximize flavor
- Always use butter because it has the richest flavor, don't substitute for margarine
- I found small cans of whole kernel corn and cream style corn that were within an ounce of the sizes listed in the recipe and they work just fine
- Drain the whole kernel corn before using
- Each small can of sweet corn can be substituted for 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn. I prefer to use the can of cream style corn for the extra creaminess though.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 671IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mg