Macaroni Grill Pasta Milano
With a combination of Alfredo and pesto in the pasta sauce that’s loaded with mushrooms, spinach and Roma tomatoes this copycat Macaroni Grill Pasta Milano makes a delicious dinner!
Servings 6 people
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 roma tomatoes cut in chunks
- 8 ounces spinach
- 16 ounces roasted garlic alfredo sauce
- 6 ounces pesto
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat and saute onion, mushrooms and garlic until tender.
Add tomatoes for 2 minutes and then add spinach. Cook together until spinach is wilted.
While cooking boil pasta until al dente using the directions on the package.
Add alfredo sauce to skillet and mix it well. Add pesto. Mix well. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and heat through thouroughly.
Add drained pasts to skillet stir and serve OR pour sauce and vegetables over top of plated pasta.
- Farfalle pasta is also known as bowtie pasta
- Shells can be substituted for farfalle pasta
- I prefer to use the fresher refrigerated alfredo and pesto instead of the jars
- Wash and dry spinach well and if there's excess liquid in the tomatoes drain some before adding to the skillet to avoid a soupy texture
- It is important to use fresh mushrooms, spinach, garlic and tomatoes for the best flavor profile possible in this meal
- Chicken or Italian sausage can be added to this meal if desired, as big meat eaters we still really enjoyed this as a vegetarian meal that is very filling
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 613mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4851IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 3mg