Black Bottom Cupcakes
Homemade chocolate cupcakes filled with cream cheese and chocolate chips make rich and delicious Black and White Cupcakes or Black Bottom Cupcakes.
Servings 24 cupcakes
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips may want extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Beat well. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
In a mixing bowl stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla to the dry mixture. Beat until well combined.
Fill paper lined muffin cups 1/3 full of chocolate batter. Add a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the center the chocolate batter in each cup.
Bake at 350°F for 20 - 25 minutes. Take extra care not to overbake. Makes two dozen.
- Sprinkle batter filled cups with coarse sugar and chopped nuts if desired.
- Take extra care not to overbake, remove from oven when the edge of the cream cheese starts to turn light brown. At this point, a toothpick inserted into the chocolate cupcake could come out clean.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 154IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg