Broccoli Mushroom Casserole
This easy vegetable side dish combines chopped broccoli with mushrooms, onion, cheese and creamy of mushroom soup to make a cheesy and delicious Broccoli Mushroom Casserole.
Servings 8 people
8 x 8" Baking Dish
- 24 ounces chopped frozen broccoli
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce can of mushrooms drained
Saute mushrooms in butter. Lightly cook brocoli, should not be overcooked and mushy, but should not be cold either.
Mix all ingredients together and pour into a buttered casserole dish.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- We find that using frozen broccoli and canned mushrooms which can both be stored for months, makes it easy to keep ingredients on hand.
- Fresh ingredients can be used, but should be chopped into small pieces to maximize flavor - fresh mushrooms can be sautéed with onions
- Choose a frozen broccoli that has more than just stems to increase the quality of the casserole
- I've been known to stir in some extra cheese
- Crushed croutons can be sprinkled on top before baking if desired
- Be sure to drain can mushrooms well to avoid a soupy casserole
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 395mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 759IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 1mg