Baked Mostaccioli or penne pasta makes a classic cheesy casserole with Italian sausage and lots of mozzarella. This easy recipe is budget-friendly and makes an easy family dinner.
Servings 12 servings
White Baking Dish
- 1 pound mostaccioli or penne pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage lean ground beef can be substituted
- 32 ounces pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley chopped
Brown meat and drain any fat. Prepare pasta as package directs.
In a large bowl combine pasta, sausage, pasta sauce and 2 cups cheese. Mix well.
Spread into greased 13x9 inch baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes at 350°F or until hot and bubbly.
Uncover and top with remaining cheese and parsley. Bake 5 - 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Ground beef, shredded chicken or small pieces of chicken can be substituted for the sausage
- 4 cups of pasta sauce is 32 ounces
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 - 5 days
- One pound of pasta and meat baked in a casserole should make 12 to 15 servings
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 909mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 2mg