7 Up Jello Salad
Cool and creamy with sweet pineapple and a refreshing 7 Up flavor this 7 Up Jello Salad is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas or a potluck anytime throughout the year.
Servings 20 people
- 2 3 ounce packages lime gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces cream cheese very soft
- 2 cups 7-UP
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple mostly drained
- 1 8 ounce tub whipped topping defrosted
Dissolve packages of gelatin in 2 cups of boiling water.
In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and no lumps remain.
Stir dissolved gelatin into cream cheese mixture by hand or VERY slowly with mixer - avoid splashing because the mixture is sticky. Stir in 7 Up and chill until partially set.
Stir in whipped topping, then stir in pineapple. Chill until firm and garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries if desired.
- Be sure cream cheese is a room temperature - do not use heat to soften cream cheese
- 6 - 8 ounces of cream cheese can be used but 6 ounces melts in the hot gelatin more easily than 8 ounces which affects the texture of the finished dish
- The gelatin dissolved in water is very sticky, take care not to spill or slash out of the mixing bowl or there will be serious cleaning involved
- Defrost frozen whipped topping in the refrigerator instead of on the counter to maintain the best possible consistency
- Lime gelatin can be substituted for lemon gelatin, but that will change the color from green to yellow and flavor of the salad from more lime to more lemon - both options complement the lemon-lime flavors in 7 Up
- This jello salad has too many solid ingredients relative to the amount of gelatin to set up nicely in a jello mold, so I recommend pouring into a square or rectangle dish to set-up and serve
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg