Reese’s Puffs Cereal Bars
Chocolate and peanut butter cereal is mixed with melted marshmallows and more peanut butter to make easy and delicious homemade Reese’s Puffs cereal bars.
Servings 16 bars
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 13 ounce box Reese's Puffs cereal about 6 cups
In a large pan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows and stir often.
When marshmallows are at least half melted add peanut butter and stir well.
Once marshmallows are melted remove from heat and stir in cereal. Spread into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Allow to set-up for 20 - 30 minutes before serving.
- Always use fresh cereal and marshmallows, I've tried to use up cereal that’s been open before and the bars are disappointing
- Make sure marshmallows are mostly melted before stirring in peanut butter
- Measure out all ingredients and grease pan before melting marshmallows, once they melt the steps need to be done fairly quickly before the bars set up
- Use clean, wet hands to smooth out the top of the cereal bars in the pan
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 - 4 days
- Bars can be frozen in an airtight container or bag, but the cereal flavor will change a bit during the freezing and thawing process
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 514IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4mg