Farmhouse Slow Cooker Chili
Ground beef, kidney beans, pinto beans, tomato paste, tomato sauce and chili seasonings are poured into a slow cooker and left to simmer for an easy family dinner of this Farmhouse Slow Cooker Chili.
Servings 8 people
- 2 pounds lean ground beef browned and drained
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans undrained
- 1 16 oz can pinto beans undrained
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon koshor salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
Brown ground beef and drain. Add packet of French onion and water to hamburger and stir together.
Grease crock or use a liner. Add ground beef mixture to crock. Pour beans in crock pot.
Add tomato paste and tomato paste as well as remaining spices. Stir well.
Cover and heat on high for 1 hour or on low for 4 to 6 hours (and even up to 10 hours on low).
- Choose 2 - 15 ounce cans of kidney beans, chili beans or pinto beans, the exact combination doesn't matter
- Cut water in half to make a more solid chili that is easier to serve over baked potatoes
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 955mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 627IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 4mg