Homemade Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
Homemade spaghetti sauce with or without meat is very easy to make in the Instant Pot or stove top. This recipe is a great way to use extra tomatoes from your garden.
Servings 8 people
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes quartered, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Set Instant Pot to saute and add oil. Add onions and saute until tender.
Add water and tomato paste and stir until ingredients are mixed well. Add parsley, spices, salt, pepper and sugar and stir again.
Add tomatoes and seal lid. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
Allow to natural release for ten minutes and then quick release until the lid can be safely removed.
Use an immersion blender to create a smooth sauce. Garnish with more parsley if desired.
- Use an immersion blender to make a smooth sauce
- Fresh garlic can be sautéed with the onions instead of using garlic powder
- Whole Roma tomatoes can be used, but we prefer to quarter the tomatoes before adding to the pot
- We follow this recipe to make a smooth sauce
- To make a chunky meaty sauce, dice the tomatoes first and do not use a blender after the sauce is cooked
- Recipe tastes great with twice as many tomatoes OR twice as much tomato paste, more water can be added as a personal preference
- Always serve with cheese! We love freshly shaved parmesan, but grated parmesan or mozzarella can be more convenient
- Canned tomatoes can be used in place of fresh tomatoes
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 514IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg