Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies
A delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe adds peanut butter and chopped up Reese's peanut butter cups to make the best Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies! The cookies are an easy way to add variety to snack time or a Christmas cookie tray.
Servings 40 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups Reeses Peanut Butter Cups chopped and refrigerated
Cream together butter, applesauce, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
Combing flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture to the other mixture and mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Stir gently to prevent smashing the peanut butter cups.
Drop by round tablespoons onto ungreased cookies. Bake at 350°F for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Applesauce helps makes the cookies moist and fluffy
- Lightly coat measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray to help peanut butter slide out easier
- Chop Reese's peanut butter cups and store in the refrigerator so they don't get too soft
- Makes 6 - 7 dozen small cookies or 2 - 3 dozen big round cookies
- Can reserve 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup chopped peanut butter cups to sprinkle on top of cookies before baking for a fancier look if desired
- Takes about 6 - 1.6 oz Reese's Cups or about 20 - .55 oz snack-sized cups
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 103IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg