Farmhouse BBQ Sauce
Homemade bbq sauce tastes great with several of our favorite meals! Since it only takes 20 minutes to make, we love keeping a jar of Farmhouse BBQ Sauce in our refrigerator.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
In a small sauce pan mix all ingredients together and stir well.
Cook on medium heat and stir regularly until sauce starts to simmer. Then turn down to low and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Mixture begins as 1 1/4 cups and is about 1 cup of barbecue sauce after it finishes simmering
- White vinegar is the best value and works fine, other clear vinegar like cider vinegar can be substituted if necessary
- Store extra in a mason jar with a screw-on lid
- Red pepper flakes are optional and create a hotter, spicier sauce
- Brown sugar can be added to sweeten the sauce, mustard can also be added if desired
- Recipe can easily be double or tripled in a medium sized sauce pan
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 643mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg