Farmhouse Style Zucchini Bread
Cinnamon and freshly grated lemon peel mix into this quick bread batter to make an easy and amazing Farmhouse Style Zucchini Bread.
Servings 20 slices
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups zucchini shredded
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
In a mixing bowl mix the oil, sugar, and eggs together; add zucchini and vanilla.
Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture and mix well.
Add the lemon peel and walnuts. Stir until well blended.
Divide into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 325°F for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Lemon peel can be substituted for freshly grated orange peel
- Substituting lemon juice for lemon peel will not provide the same fresh burst of flavor
- 2, 3 or 4 cups of shredded zucchini can be used based on preference
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 73IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg