Simple Strawberry Popsicles
Sweet strawberries pureed to make homemade strawberry popsicles is one of the most refreshing summer treats we enjoy! This easy popsicle recipe can be mixed up in 5 minutes to make a simple, but flavor-filled frozen treat.
Servings 10 popsicles
- 1 pound strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about the juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- pinch salt
Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth, about 3 minutes.
Pour into popsicle molds, small paper cups or ice cube trays and freeze.
- Ripe or slightly overripe strawberries work perfectly in this recipe
- Rotten or moldy strawberries should not be used
- Pinch of salt makes puree smoother so it's not like a giant ice cube
- The faster the mixture freezes the smoother the popsicles will be
- The juice from one lemon is about 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Cane sugar helps sweeten the popsicles without making them too sweet, it can be substituted for granulated sugar if necessary
- A banana can be added but the number of strawberries used should be reduced in volume equal to the banana. Keep a higher ratio of strawberries than bananas to make a strawberry banana popsicle.
- The amount of strawberries can be decreased slightly and replaced by other fruit like blueberries, mango, or pineapple.
- Run bottom of popsicles under hot water to help remove them from holders without pulling handle out of popsicles
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg