Carrot and Celery Salad with Mango
Crunchy celery, soft mango and firm carrots that have been lightly cooked combine to make a lightly sweet vegetable salad with a bit of tang.
Servings 10 people
- 2 pounds carrots peeled, cooked and chunked
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 medium onion diced or sliced
- 1 mango diced
Pickle Vegetable Dressing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Cook carrots until they begin to soften, should still be mostly firm. Cut into chunks or 1/2" slices.
Cut remaining vegetables as you like. Mix vegetables together.
Combine dressing ingredients. Marinate vegetables in dressing for 24 hours before serving.
- Peel whole carrots with a carrot peeler and place in boiling water for 10 - 12 minutes until they begin to become tender.
- Baby carrots can be used, but I find they can take a little longer to cut up in uniform pieces.
- Drain carrots in a strainer once they reach desired doneness and run under cold water to help stop cooking.
- Cut, chop, slice into bite-sized pieces that are a shape you enjoy.
- We prefer smaller pieces so that more flavors can mix in every bite.
- Onions can be sliced or diced. Onion lovers are more likely to enjoy a slice which will be more in every bite than finely chopped or diced pieces of onions that will blend in more with the other veggies
- Marinate veggies in a thin layer in a wide container as opposed to a tall container to allow maximum contact of vegetables to dressing. Marinate for at least 24 hours for the dressing to really soak in.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 15433IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg