Rotini Pasta Salad With Lettuce
Cold rotini pasta served with mixed salad greens, tomatoes, bacon and homemade pasta salad dressing is perfect for pool parties and other summer parties.
Servings 8 people
- 10 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to directions, but without salt or oil. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Wash and slice tomatoes. Wash and drain salad greens.
Can be served in a large bowl or several smaller bowls so people can build their own salad.
In a small serving bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; mix well.
Serve in a small bowl and keep chilled.
- Rinse the cooked pasta immediately with cold water so that the pasta will stop cooking and not stick together.
- Rinse and drain mixed greens well. I like to use a salad spinner to get the lettuce as dry as possible.
- Cut tomatoes so they are easy to pick-up with a fork.
- Bacon bits work, but we prefer fried or baked bacon that has been freshly crumbled.
- Keep salad and dressing chilled in warm weather to keep food safe.
- I like to serve dressing in a small bowl sitting on a layer of ice in a slightly larger bowl for food safety purposes.
- Salad is best eaten within a few hours of adding the dressing. Any extras should be kept in the refrigerator.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 512IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg