Black Forest Cherry Bundt Cake
A box of devil's food cake mix with basic ingredients and a can of cherry pie filling mixed together create a fun and easy twist on a chocolate bundt cake!
Servings 8 people
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 30 ounces cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar optional
In a mixing bowl stir together cake mix, eggs, milk, vanilla and vegetable oil. Mix well.
Stir in cherry pie filling and do not beat too long. Pour into a greased bundt pan.
Bake at 350°F for 45 - 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out on cake stand or large plate to cool. After cooling, you can dust with powdered sugar.
- We prefer using a large can of regular pie filling, but a small can may be used or reduced sugar may be used. If using a small can a splash of water may need to be added to the batter if it's too thick.
- A lot of recipes call for the bundt pan to be greased and floured, but I only grease with non-stick cooking spray. The key is to ensure the entire pan is covered. The cake will rise as it bakes (and you don't want it sticking to the pan) and then relax back into the pan as it cools.
- I have a 3 cup OXO Sifter that puts a beautifully finished layer of powdered sugar on the cake, but a smaller, flatter mini strainer would work fine too and not take as much storage space in the cupboard.
- Cream cheese icing on these Frosted Banana Bars could be a great addition to this cake instead of the confections sugar
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 356IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3mg