Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Ketchup and mustard drizzled over a cheesy meatloaf stuffed with bacon is hard to beat! Serve this Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf with mini pickles and sliced cherry tomatoes for a complete meal that is a real crowd pleaser.
Servings 9 mini meatloaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 10 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 10 ounces croutons
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup drizzle on top of meatloaves
- 1/4 cup mustard drizzle on top of meatloaves
- 1/4 cup onion slices
- 9 slices cheese cheddar or American
Beat eggs and stir in milk. Add croutons and then mix using an electic mixer. Let stand for 5 minutes. Then mix well until no crunchy pieces are left.
Add ground meat, 1 cup cheddar cheese, onions, salt, pepper, bacon bits, 3/4 cup ketchup. Mix well.
Divide mixture in half until you have 8 evenly sized mini meatloaves. Use palms of your hands to shape.
Bake for 25 minutes, then top with ketchup, raw onion and slices of cheese
Bake 5 - 10 minutes at 350°F until internal temperature reaches 160°F using a digital thermometer.
Top with drizzles of ketchup and mustard and serve with pickles.
- We prefer bacon that is fried and crumbled, but 3/4 cup of bacon bits works fine too.
- Ketchup can be substituted for barbecue sauce based on your preferences.
- Place slices of cheese on top, ketchup and mustard can be drizzled on top or bottom of cheese. Too much drizzle in between the meat and cheese may cause the cheese to run off.
- Stiff slices of cheddar cheese can slide off before melting, where slices of American cheese will melt and gently form to the meatloaves where ever they are laid.
- I like to use a 1 cup measuring cup to portion out equally sized meatloaves. This recipe makes about 9 mini meatloaves.
Calories: 646kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 1424mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 384mg | Iron: 4mg