Creamy Pork Chop Casserole
Swiss cheese, white wine, cream of chicken soup and herb seasoned stuffing are sprinkled on pork chops to make the best Creamy Pork Chop Casserole recipe.
Servings 5 pork chops
9x13 Baking Dish
Liquid Measuring Cup
- 4 - 5 Pork chops about 1" thick
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup white wine sweeter white wine works well
- 2 cups herb or italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and arrange pork chops in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.
Cover pork chops with slices of Swiss cheese.
Mix cream of chicken soup with white wine. Pour mixture over cheese.
Spread stuffing mix evenly over the top of the mixture. Pour melted butter over stuffing.
Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 - 20 minutes until topping has browned.
- Recipe can be doubled to fit in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- Use a wine that you enjoy as the flavor will enhance the dish, we prefer a sweeter white wine
- White wine can be substituted for white grape juice to make a pork chop casserole that does not use alcohol
- I typically use a bag of Pepperidge Farm "Herb seasoned classic stuffing" and I prefer the smaller pieces over the cubes
- We tested this recipe with cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup, we love mushrooms but found that we strongly prefer the smooth cream of chicken soup flavors with the other ingredients in this dish
- Save money by purchasing a boneless pork loin and slicing the chops yourself
- Pork tenderloin or pork chops from the rib end (has more dark meat) will be more tender and can be used in this recipe
- Swiss cheese can be substituted for mozzarella or another white cheese if desired
Calories: 752kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 1362mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1053IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 380mg | Iron: 4mg