Easy Valentine Treats for Kids
Each year I find myself looking for easy treats for my kids' valentines party at school. I like to take a snack that most kids enjoy, is easy to make and isn't too expensive. So, crispy rice cereal treats is always a winner. This year we're going to step up our game by adding Valentine M&Ms and using a cookie cutter to make heart shaped treats.
Servings 20 treats
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
Melt butter over medium heat, add marshmallows and stir until melted.
Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Stir in chocolate candy and remove from pan as quickly as possible so it doesn't melt. Place mixture in a greased pan. Wet fingers to smooth out treats.
- Wet your fingers to smooth out the treats in the pan.
- A thin layer of treats is much easier to cut with a cookie cutter.
- Candy on the treats is like icing on a cake, it's just a great addition!
- Using a cookie cutter takes a little time, so just cut squares if you're up against a deadline.
- Get the kids involved so you get to have quality time together.
- Stir chocolate candy into the cereal mixture and remove from pan as quickly as possible to avoid melting the chocolate.
- Reserve some candy to sprinkle on top and then press into the treats with wetted fingers if desired.
- We like to order cookied cutter from Amazon, here are some heart shaped cookie cutters.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg