Farmhouse Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
Only a few ingredients mix together and simmer with the ground beef all day to make mouth-watering Farmhouse Crock Pot Sloppy Joes Sandwiches.
Servings 8 sandwiches
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 12 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Brown ground beef in skillet over medium high heat; drain fat.
Line or coat crock with non-stick spray. Pour beef in crock and add remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly.
Cover and cook on low 4 - 6 hours or high 3 - 4 hours.
- Customize this recipe by adding more spices, chopped green bell peppers, mushrooms or your favorite vegetable
- This is the best sloppy joe recipe when served on buttered and browned brioche buns with cheddar cheese
- Sauce can simmer for on low for up to 6 hours, stirring a couple times is best to keep the liquids and meat mixed together
- Crock pot sloppy joes are ready to eat when the onions are tender
- No extra condiments or sauces like mayo are needed because the meat is cooked and served in a delicious sauce
- Leftovers taste amazing served on thick slices of Texas toast with grilled cheese on sandwiches
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 451mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 298IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 3mg