Marble Chocolate & Cream Cheese Bars
Cream cheese and chocolate chips added to a box of German Chocolate cake mix make a super easy chocolate cake dessert!Rich bursts of cream cheese and melted chocolate chips marbled into a light and fluffy cake make each chocolately bite so delicious!
Servings 24 bars
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare cake batter according to package directions and pour into a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
In a small bowl beat cream cheese and sugar. Stir in 1/2 cup chocoalte chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Use butter knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the cake batter.
Sprinkle remaining chocoalte chips evenly over the top.
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Our family loves using more chocolate chips...as long as we can resist eating them while mixing up the batter
- Softened cream cheese must be used to mix well with the sugar and swirl well into the cake batter
- Marbling will not be exact and the recipe never looks exactly the same twice
- Take care to mix cream cheese mixture as close to the edges as possible
- We prefer a 15 x 10 x 1-inch, but a 9 x 13-inch pan can be used
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg