Ham and Potato Soup from the Farmhouse Table
We love to use leftover ham and make this cheap and easy ham and potato soup! A whole or half of a ham is a GREAT value when you plan to get several meals from it. We love ham and all of the CHEAP and EASY meals that can be made with the extra ham!
Servings 8 people
- 4 cups ham chopped in small pieces
- 6 large potatoes peeled & cubed
- 10.75 ounces cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 bag frozen corn can of corn will also work
- 1/2 cup sour cream garnish
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese garnish
- 3 Tbsp green onion chopped for garnish
Boil potatoes until they start to become soft. Drain most water, but retain enough water that potatoes are about halfway covered (about 2 cups water).
Add remaining ingredients to the soup pan. Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Serve warm and garnish with sour cream, cheese and chopped green onions
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1140mg | Potassium: 1629mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 237mg | Iron: 10mg