Air Fryer Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions
A classic meal that can be quickly and easily made in the air fryer all year around is this Air Fryer Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions.
Servings 3 people
- 3 Italian sausages
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced thickly
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dash salt
- dash pepper
Spray vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange sausage, peppers and onions in three rows in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350°F for 5 minutes.
If sausages aren't browning evenly turn and rotate them. Shake vegetables loose. If vegetables have reached desired doneness remove from air fryer.
Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes until sausages reach an internal temperature of 160°F and until vegetables reach desired doneness.
- Mix and match peppers
- Our family likes the look of colorful peppers
- Slice to peppers to desired thickness to put on sandwich, if sliced thinly add to air fryer tray halfway into the cooking time
- Onions should be sliced thicker so that they don't burn
- The thickness of slices affect cooking time
- Can add a few mushrooms to the tray or other vegetables of your choice
- I have not tested cooking frozen sausage in the air fryer and do not think it would work well, so ensure that sausages have been defrosted
- Cooked meat and veggies freeze well in an airtight bag or container
- Sausage and vegetables reheat well in the air fryer toaster oven or microwave
- We enjoy Braut or Sausage rolls better than a Hoagie roll or hot dog bun for this recipe
Calories: 1288kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 110g | Saturated Fat: 38g | Cholesterol: 255mg | Sodium: 2474mg | Potassium: 1298mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 3726IU | Vitamin C: 167mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 5mg