Instant Pot Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers served with onions, mustard and relish makes a super easy one pot meal that is ready in just 20 minutes!
Servings 5 people
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausages
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 red bell pepper thickly sliced
- 3/4 orange bell pepper thickly sliced
- 1/2 large sweet onion thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
Heat vegetable oil in Instant Pot on saute setting. Brown sausage on both sides for about 5 -7 minutes.
Add broth, peppers and onions to the Instant Pot. Seal and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
Perform a quick release as soon as pressure cooking is complete. Remove lid and use and a digital meat thermometer to ensure that sausages have reached an internal temperature of at least 160°F
- Browning sausage well not only adds flavor, but decreases pressure cooking time.
- Smaller and faster pressure cookers can cook this recipe in 2 minutes.
- Larger pots or pots that may be a bit slower to cook take 3 minutes.
- Thinly sliced peppers and onions will become mushy, but thickly sliced vegetables will hold up well and cook nicely under pressure.
- If soft vegetables are a concern they can be sauteed in vegetables and removed before cooking sausages.
- If sausages haven't reached 160°F they can be returned to the pot on the saute setting to finish cooking.
- Tastes great served with garlic mustard and/or relish.
- When adding chicken broth to the pot, make sure sausage do not stick to the bottom of the pan to avoid triggering the burn feature on the Instant Pot.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1118IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg