Air Fryer Sausage, Potatoes & Sauerkraut
Sausage and sauerkraut are one of my husband’s favorite meals. Making sausage, potatoes and sauerkraut in the air fryer is the easiest way to make smaller portions of this classic meal.
Servings 3 servings
- 7 ounces smoked sausage
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon spray olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
Cut potatoes into hasbrown sized cubes. Coat evenly with a spray bottle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Spread potatoes out over air fryer tray. Air fry at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Arrange potatoes across one third of the tray along one side. Add sliced sausage in the center of the tray and add sauerkraut to the outside third.
Air fry for an additional 5 - 7 minutes at 350°F until potatoes are browned.
- Cooking frozen potatoes takes a little longer to soften than freshly diced potatoes.
- Smoked sausage is typically cooked during the smoking process so making smoked sausage in the air fryer is essentially heating it up and browning the edges to add just a bit more flavor.
- Keep food in a single layer on the air fryer tray so that it can warm and cook evenly.
- Leaving a little space between pieces of ingredients means the meal will cook more quickly. Filling the tray so that ingredients are packed together will increase cooking time.
- Another green vegetable like broccoli or asparagus could be added to the tray, just be aware of how long the vegetable takes to cook.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1264mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg