Easy Cheesy Texas Toast
Garlic, Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone on buttered bread is the BEST combination we've found for semi-homemade garlic toast. We love a thick piece of bread to serve along side several of our meals and Texas Toast is perfect to use.
Servings 6 slices
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 6 slices provolone
- 6 slices Texas toast or other thick slice of bread
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley optional garnish
Lightly toasting bread before applying seasonings is optional. Toasting makes bread more crunchy, skipping this step will keep bread more soft.
Melt butter and stir in Parmesan, oregano and garlic powder. Mix well.
Arrange bread in air fryer basket or on a baking sheet in a flat, single layer. Spread mixture evenly over slices of bread.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over toast. Add a slice of provolone to each slice of toast.
Place in Air Fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes or bake in oven at 375°F for 5 - 7 minutes until cheese is melted.
Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.
- A thick bread works best for this recipe since it's loaded with cheese and so many flavors
- Sometimes I like to slice a loaf of Italian or French bread and add this garlic and cheese mixture
- Toast can be buttered on both sides if preferred, but I like to sandwich all of the garlic flavors in between the toast and melted cheese
- A combination of at least two cheeses works best to maximize flavors
- Day-old bread off of the discount rack works great for this recipe and helps save money
- Garlic toast reheats well in the toaster oven in just a couple minutes
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 478IU | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 6mg