Raspberry Cream Cheese Croissant Bake
Flaky croissants filled with rich cream cheese and a sweet raspberry filling drizzled with maple syrup make a delicious Raspberry Cream Cheese Croissant Bake.
Servings 9 people
- 9 medium croissants cut in half crosswise
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
In a medium saucepan combine raspberries, 1/2 cup maple syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir often. Once boiling reduce to medium heat and keep cooking until berries are broken down.
Remove berry mixture from heat and add cream cheese. Stir until most of the clumps are gone.
Beat eggs and mix together with milk and vanilla. Stir mixture well.
Spray non-stick cooking spray in a 9x13" pan. Layer bottom half of croissants in pan and pour half of egg and milk mixture over croissants. Be sure there is a layer of liquid on each croissant half.
Spread raspberry and cream cheese mixture as evenly as possible over bottom half of croissants.
Dip the top half of the croissants in the egg mixture and place on bottom halves. Pour remaining egg mixure evenly over the top of the croissants.
Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Bake covered casserole in a 350°F oven for one hour. Uncover and continue baking for 10 - 15 minutes until croissants start to brown on top.
Dust with powdered sugar and serve with remaining maple syrup.
- We've tried a full 8-ounce block of cream cheese which is really rich and filling, so we prefer 4 ounces. Adjust the recipe based on your preference.
- Cover dish tightly and keep in a level spot in the refrigerator which allows time for the eggs to soak into the croissants.
- Never put a cold dish in a hot oven. Allow the dish to begin warming to room temperature on the counter or place a cold dish in a cold oven and allow them to heat together.
- Keep covered for about an hour, but uncover towards the end so that the top can brown for the last 15 - 20 minutes.
- Tastes good served warm or at room temperature.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 366mg | Sodium: 495mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1062IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3mg