Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
Buttery rice pilaf is the perfect easy side dish to go with about any meal and this is a no-fuss recipe our family loves! Making white rice in the Instant Pot has been a game-changer in our house!
Servings 4 people
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup long grain white rice rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Turn Instant Pot on saute and melt butter in the bottom of pot.
Add chicken broth, then add rice. Sprinkle dried parsley flakes over the top.
Seal with lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
Allow Instant Pot to natural release for 10 minutes and then perform a quick release. Stir and serve.
- On the stovetop, I use a 1 to 1 ratio of rice and water, but I like to slightly increase the amount of water used in the Instant Pot
- Yes! Take time to rinse the rice to achieve a higher quality finished product
- Rinse and drain the rice several times until the water is clear
- Washed rice will be fluffier, separate and serve more easily where unwashed rice will form big clumps and stick together more
- Water can be substituted for chicken broth if desired
- Can add a little fresh flavor by squeezing fresh lemon or lime over the rice
- Rice can be refrigerated for 2 - 4 days, we like to add a pat or two of butter when reheating and stir well before serving
- Rice can be frozen and should be reheated with a bit of butter
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg