Farmhouse Crock Pot Lasagna
Making Lasagna in the crock pot is a super easy meal and the BEST way to make lasagna for our busy family! Mini lasagna noodles make the meal fun to eat!
Servings 8 people
- 1 pound lean ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups mini lasagna noodles
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- Your favorite type of ground meat should work well – we enjoy hamburger or Italian sausage
- Be sure to use the proportion of liquid to dry, uncooked noodles. Changing the proportion of these ingredients may dry out the lasagna or create a lasagna soup.
- Mini lasagna noodles can be substituted for other types of uncooked pasta, avoid using more than 1/2 a pound of uncooked pasta. Spaghetti and other pastas are much more dense and 4 cups would be way too much. If using other pastas you will need to test the ratio as we have only tested this recipe with mini lasagna noodles.
- If using full size regular or no boil lasagna noodles I recommend breaking them into small pieces and taking extra care to make sure that the pieces of noodles are separated by the liquid meat sauce. Use less than two cups of pieces of lasagna noodles if mini noodles aren’t available.
Calories: 675kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 849mg | Potassium: 865mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 893IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 4mg