Chocolate Cream Cheese Crescent Bars
Melted chocolate chips stirred into softened cream cheese and sandwiched between layers of crescent dough with melted butter on top makes these super easy and super delicious Chocolate Cream Cheese Crescent Bars.Every bite of these easy dessert bars is enjoyable and mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top make it more fun to eat!
Servings 20 bars
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread one package of crescent roll dough across an ungreased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together.
Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and beat into cream cheese mixture. Spread over crescent dough.
Add a second layer of crescent dough to the top. Melt butter and pour over dough.
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before sprinkling mini chocolate chips across the top.
- Start with softened cream cheese
- Crescent dough unrolls easiest when it's still cold, it's more difficult to work with at room temperature
- Cream cheese can easily burn when trying to soften in the microwave, so I prefer to set out on the counter for an hour before preparing the recipe
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl stirring every 15 seconds to prevent burning
- Recipe can be cut in half and baked in an 8 x 8-inch dish
- We have used both crescent roll dough and crescent sheet dough - they both work well
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips are our favorite
- If mini chips are not available full-size chips or a chocolate bar could be chopped to garnish the top of the bars with a bit more chocolate
- Bars are difficult to cut and serve just out of the oven and will not hold together well
- Chocolate croissant bars are best when served slightly warm or at room temperature
- Bars may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, freezing is not recommended
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 446IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg