Raspberry German Crumb Cake Bars
This delicious pastry dessert with raspberry jam and a sweet crumbly streusel is called Raspberry German Crumb Cake Bars.
Servings 30 bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 18 ounces Raspberry jam
- 1-1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
Grease an 11 x 17 jelly roll pan.
Cream butter, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
Add egg, flour, milk and mix well.
Press dough into jelly roll pan.
Spread raspberry jam across dough.
Mix and crumble all ingredients for streusel into fine crumbs.
Sprinkle streusel over pan.
Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes. Cut into squares.
- Raspberry jam must be used for maximum flavor, raspberry spread or raspberry preserves typically aren't quite as sweet as jam
- The bottom crust will not pour or roll out, it will take some time to press into the bottom of the baking sheet using your fingers
- Crumble streusel finely so that it can bake evenly
- Be sure to use real butter that's been softened to create the tender crumbs that are so amazing
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg