Air Fryer Broccoli with Garlic & Parmesan
Our family can't stop eating this easy Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan in the Air Fryer. Parmesan cheese pairs perfectly with broccoli and hints of garlic make the BEST flavor combination for an easy vegetable side dish in the air fryer.
Servings 4 people
- 6 cups broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil I prefer oil in a spray can
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic I prefer dried spices as they stick easier
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- dash pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup parmesan freshly shaved
Pile broccoli in the center of the air fryer tray and spritz with oil.
Turn the pile over and spritz the other side of the broccoli with oil.
Sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper evenly over broccoli.
Spread seasoned broccoli out evenly across the tray.
Set air fryer toaster oven to air fry at 350°F. Cook small pieces for 5 minutes and medium sized pieces for 7 minutes. Frozen broccoli needs roasted for 10 minutes and the seasonings should be added mid way through roasting after the brocolli has begun to warm up.
Shave fresh parmesan over warm broccoli and enjoy!
- Try to start with uniformly sized pieces of broccoli so they will cook evenly
- I like to get bags of pre-cut and pre-washed broccoli from Sam's Club
- We've used olive oil, coconut oil and avacado oil and haven't noticed a difference in taste
- Choose fresh broccoli that is still firm and bright green, once broccoli starts to turn yellow it loses moisture and will brown or burn more quickly in the air fryer
- Leftover broccoli tastes great reheated in the air fryer for up to 3 - 5 days
- We use a Cuisinart Air Fryer & Toaster Oven that has a large capacity to make enough broccoli for our family of 4
- Fresh parmesan can be substituted with a sprinkling of grated parmesan
- Many air fryer recipes recommend cooking at 400 degrees F, but we have more success at 350 degrees F.
- Keep a close eye on the broccoli as it cooks so the edges don't become too dark or burnt - note that cooking times may vary from those listed above
- Cook a bit longer than recommended times for crunchy broccoli
- My husband determines the broccoli are done by the aroma - when the smell of cooked broccoli permeates from our Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 899IU | Vitamin C: 122mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 1mg