Easy Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake
A light, yet fudgy chocolate poke cake is made richer by pouring a jar of hot fudge over top before adding a thick layer of chocolate mousse-like frosting to make an AMAZING Easy Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake.
Servings 20 pieces
9x13 Baking Dish
Liquid Measuring Cup
- 1 box Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 jar fudge sauce
- 3.4 ounce box chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 8 ounces whipped topping defrosted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles optional
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix cake mix, eggs, sour cream water and oil together.
Stir in small box of chocolate pudding, pour into pan and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Poke 24 holes with a wooden spoon.
Follow the instructions on the jar of fudge sauce to heat it enough to pour evenly over the cake.
Cool before spreading frosting on the cake.
- Remove cake from oven and cover with foil
- Sour cream helps amplify the moist texture in every bite
- Follow directions and measure ingredients carefully, don't estimate measurements
- Hot fudge sauce will likely have to be heated to pour over the poke cake - follow directions on the jar and watch closely during the heating process
- Be sure not to over bake the cake
- The pudding will make the cake jiggle more in the center, as long as a toothpick is fairly clean or only has a couple of tender crumbs on it the cake is done baking. Even if the center still jiggles a little bit when being picked up. If the toothpick has any liquid or batter on it when removed from the cake you need to keep baking because it will be too moist to enjoy.
- This cake takes longer to bake than a typical box mix cake because of the added ingredients, but keep a close eye on the cake and check every 5 minutes towards the end of the baking time to prevent burning.
- Can save time and purchase a can of icing
- This recipe can be made into cupcake or a double layer cake by using two 9 inch cake pans.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 149IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg