Crock Pot Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Crock Pot Twice Baked Potato Casserole makes tender potatoes that are perfect for holiday meals, big family meals and parties so EASY to make!Baked potatoes cut into cubes and covered in bacon, sour cream and cheese with accents of green onions make every bite absolutely fill your mouth with flavor!
Servings 12 people
- 3 - 4 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes baked & warm
- 1 pound bacon cooked & chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper optional
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
Bake potatoes until tender.
Grease a crock well or use a plastic liner. Place half of warm, cubed, baked potatoes in crock.
If using sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes. Spread half of sour cream over potatoes, but avoid touching the edge of the crock. Sprinkle half of cheeses over potatoes. Sprinkle half of bacon over cheese.
Repeat layers and cook on low for 1.5 - 2.5 hours until cheese is just melted.
Turn off heat and sprinkle chopped green onions on casserole before serving.
- Only use warm potatoes - starting with cold potatoes will make cooking very difficult
- If baked potatoes are well seasoned with salt & pepper I don't typically add much to the casserole
- Cut potatoes into smaller chunks to allow more mixing of flavors in every bite
- Depending on the size of the crock make one or two layers of potatoes, the recipe will work best if dairy products are sprinkled on the potatoes as opposed to hitting the bottom of the crock - I prefer two layers.
- Potatoes are typically done cooking in under two hours. Using a liner and stirring every 20 - 30 minutes helps prevent the edges of the casserole from becoming too brown IF there is a long serving time or if burning is a concern.
- Loaded potatoes do not hold well on "warm". Turn cooker off and keep lid in place to help hold in heat without burning dairy products.
- If there will be a long holding time consider serving sour cream on the side as it will curdle after a few hours on low or keep warm in the crock pot.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 497IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 5mg