Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders
If you are looking for an easy ground beef recipe that is different than traditional sloppy joes this Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Slider recipe is for you!Hawaiian slider rolls covered in cooked ground beef, chopped vegetables and a light gravy with a butter and garlic glaze make the BEST sloppy joe's our family has made.
Servings 24 sliders
Liquid Measuring Cup
- 24 Hawaiian roll sliders
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup button mushrooms chopped
- 3/4 cup onions chopped
- 1 packet onion gravy
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup Italian cheese shredded
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Slice slider rolls in half, spread with butter and brown in a 350°F oven for 3 - 5 minutes.
Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain well.
Return ground beef to skillet, add vegetables, gravy packet and water and cook until tender.
Spread over buttered and browned slider rolls. Spread meat evenly to the edges and sprinkle with cheese. Place top half of rolls on sliders.
- Use frozen pre-chopped onions, peppers or meal starter vegetable kits to save time
- We like mushroom or onion gravy flavored packets, but a dry packet of brown gravy will work fine if neither of those is avaialble
- Make a big batch of meat and vegetables and freeze leftovers (without a bun or slider roll) for up to 3 months
- A long bread knife makes slicing the sliders in half easiest
- Green pepper can be substituted for any color of pepper
- Mozzarella cheese can be substituted for an Italian blend
- These sliders taste best fresh out of the oven, but we do reheat them on occasion if there are leftovers
- Slider glaze can be sweetened by adding a tablespoon or two of brown sugar if desired
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 91IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg