Farmhouse Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Our family makes Farmhouse Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe at least once a month! The best meals can be the easiest meals!Four ingredients in a crock pot for the entire day make one of our favorite meals, pulled pork. This recipe is great to feed a crowd or meal prep for several family meals.
Servings 25 people
- 8 pound pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup Pop
- 28 ounces BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Seasoned Salt Optional; We like McCormick's Applewood Seasoning
Spray non-stick cooking spray or place a liner in the crock pot. Add pork shoulder with fat side up.
Rub seasoned salt over pork roast and pour pop or soda around the sides of the roast.
Cover and cook on low for 10 - 12 hour or high for 7 - 9 hours.
If desired, dip some excess liquid out of pot before shredding and adding barbecue sauce. Mix well. Turn down to keep warm and stir occasionally while serving.
- The pork shoulder is ready to eat when it can easily be shredded with two forks.
- Any type of pop will work. Coke, Root Beer, 7-Up, Cherry Coke. Carbonated pop with some kind of flavor is most commonly used.
- This pulled pork can be made plain by using water instead of soda. It can be made keto-friendly by using diet pop.
- Limit the amount of pop that you add to the crock pot because there are juices in the pork shoulder that will come out while cooking.
- Pork shoulder will taste the best when it is cooked low and slow. The size of the roast determines cooking time. If the pork should is tough and difficult to shred then keep cooking.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 952mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg