Best All-Bran Muffins
Rich with a natural sweetness from the pineapple juice and molasses, these raisin and oat filled muffins are a go to for a healthier diet. We love the enjoyable taste of the Best All-Bran Muffins and knowing there's a lot of fiber in each bite is a bonus!
Servings 24 muffins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup All-bran cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in natural juice undrained
Place liners in a muffin tin or grease well.
In a mixing bowl combine the first 7 ingredients (dry ingredients).
Make a well in the center.
Combine the egg, oil, molasses, buttermilk and pineapple with juice.
Pour into well; mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in raisins.
Fill 24 greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake at 400°F for 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Can substitute raisins for chopped nuts or dates
- Raisins can be chopped, but I use small raisins to save time and skip that step
- Use old-fashioned oats, not quick oats
- If using a large can of pineapple, only use half of juice and half of the pineapple
- I like to use a mixer, but this recipe would be fairly easy to mix by hand
- Muffin liners are not required, but make clean up easier
- If not using liners be sure to use non-stick cooking spray
- Store on the counter for 1 - 2 days
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 - 4 days
- Store in an airtight bag in the freezer for up to 3 months
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg