Banana Lollipops Dipped in Chocolate & Peanut Butter
Bananas become lollipops when dipped in melted chocolate and peanut butter chips and rolled in crushed nuts and cereal. This light and sweet treat is perfect for a snack or a healthier dessert.
Servings 8 people
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup nuts chopped
- 4 bananas
- 2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
Place nuts on cutting board and chop or place firm pressure with rolling pin and roll until nuts are in small pieces, but not crushed. Mix in cereal.
Peel bananas, cut each banana in half, so bananas are still round, but shorter. Place bananas on popsicle sticks.
In a small saucepan heat shortening over low heat until melted.
Add peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Stir continuously until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove pan from the heat.
Use a butter knife or spatula to spread chocolate mixture over the bananas. Roll in cereal and nut mixture.
Return to cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Begin with good quality fruit with a ripeness that you prefer
- Popsicle or ice cream sticks are much easier to use than skewers or round sticks
- Use a spoon, spatula or butter knife (whatever is easiest) to spread or drizzle chocolate mixture on bananas
- Crispy rice cereal can be substituted for chopped cheerios or your favorite cereal
- Enjoy chocolate dipped fruit within 1 - 2 days
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg