Ham, Egg & Cheese Casserole
We take breakfast casseroles seriously in our house! Ham, Egg & Cheese Casserole is a great way to use leftover ham and asparagus and have an easy and enjoyable meal.
Servings 8 people
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 cups bread cubes small cubes & slightly dried
- 1 1/2 cups ham cut into small pieces
- 1 cup asparagus cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl scramble eggs.
Add milk, bread, salt and ham. Stir well and pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
Sprinkle asparagus pieces and cheese evenly over the top and bake for 35 - 45 minutes until all of the eggs are set.
- Cut ham and asparagus into small pieces, smaller than bite-sized
- Small pieces of ingredients allow maximum flavors to combine in every bite and no single ingredient will overwhelm the flavor
- Scramble eggs well before mixing in other ingredients so whites don't separate
- Asparagus can easily be substituted for broccoli
- Bread pieces that rise up in the casserole with brown most quickly
- Once casserole begins to brown I like to keep cooking about 5 - 10 minutes longer to allow the center to fully set-up
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 845mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 2mg