Angel Food Cake Dessert Trifle with Cherries
Angel Food Cake Dessert Trifle with Cherries is a perfectly light and refreshing dessert that tastes great any time of the year.Luscious Cool Whip mixes with cream cheese and powdered sugar to create a creamy layer that separates sweet angel food cake and smooth cherry pie filling.
Servings 8 people
- 5 cups angel food cake cut in bite-sized cubes
- 1/4 cup cherry liqueur optional
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed & divided
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
If desired sprinkle with liqueur over cake cubes
In medium bowl mix confectioners sugar and cream cheese. Beat until well blended.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip and fold remaining Cool Whip into creamed mixture.
In a trifle dish make two or three layers of cake cubes, creamed mixture and cherry pie filling.
Garnish with reserved cool whip.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened of the heavenly creamy layer will be lumpy
- Thaw whipped topping before mixing
- Whipped topping can be substituted for a can of whipped cream or heavy whipping cream can be mixed up
- Angel food cake can be purchased, made from a box mix or homemade
- I like to cut angel food cake into bite sized cubes and then cut those cubes in half
- Smaller cubes allow for more flavors to mix in every bite
- Other flavors of pie filling may be substituted
- If you don't have a trifle dish ingredients can be mixed together and served in a bowl or pan of an appropriate size
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg