Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad is an easy, cold side dish recipe that is often on the table at our family parties and potlucks.Raw broccoli and crunchy cauliflower with bacon, onion and cheddar cheese tossed in a light and creamy Miracle Whip dressing is a delicious and easy way to eat more vegetables.
Servings 12 servings
- 1 bunch broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 pound bacon crisp & crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Mix broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon and cheddar cheese.
Mix Miracle Whip, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad, mix well and serve.
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into very small pieces, small pieces mean more flavors that can be enjoyed together in each and every bite
- Chop the onion very finely as each piece should be a small accent in every bite
- Red onion has the strongest onion flavor and makes a great accent to the other veggies for onion lovers, more mild palates may enjoy a sweet onion instead
- I prefer sharp cheddar cheese to maximize flavors, but mild cheddar or another combination with yellow cheese can be used
- Be sure to to Miracle Whip, not Mayo
- To prep ahead of time chop vegetables, but wait to add the dressing until ready to serve to extend shelf life
- Salad is best in the first day or two, make half a batch and store chopped veggies that won't be eat right away in separate containers
- Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 566mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 1mg